Monday, December 3, 2012

Modified Monday

The first post for Modified Monday contains a couple of passages from the book that gives us a glimpse into the mind of our heroine Kenley Grayson at the time of the draft.

"'Don't worry, Little Bit. I'll be back before you know it.' Those were the last words my brother said to me before he went off to war. I never heard his voice again."
     "Who knew our first encounter with a  life form outside Earth would cause an intergalactic war to break out? We definitely weren't prepared for it, that's for sure. It has the entire world scrambling to find anyone to fight for our unified cause. No one knows exactly why the war even started in the first place, but once it did, we lost a lot of soldiers. So Earth's government, the Allied Federation, decided it'd be a good idea to implement a worldwide military draft for any able seventeen-year-old.
     "Those damn Bringers have a lot to answer for, and I plan to take the fight directly to them. Of course I'm scared out of my mind, but I have to do this for my family. For our survival. For my little brother, so he doesn't have to make the same sacrifice in three years."

It sounds like Kenley has the weight of the world on her shoulders. To see what happens to Kenley during the draft, pick up your copy of "The Modifed" on sale today for 99¢ at Amazon or Barnes & Noble.

No comments:

Post a Comment