What would you sacrifice to save the one’s you love? To save the one who holds your heart? To save the world?
Kenley Grayson is all too familiar with these questions.
This year’s draft is a little different than in the past though. A new program, known as the Magnus Project, has been introduced, and only the best and brightest qualify. Kenley is amongst a select few whom are chosen to join this elite group of soldiers, and as a part of this project, undergoes a modification procedure that leaves her and her peers endowed with powers beyond their wildest dreams.
As Earth continues in its struggle against the Bringers, Kenley is transported to a high-tech training facility, the Magnus Academy, to prepare for the major battle that lies ahead. It’s here that she meets the California heartthrob, and son of a legendary war hero, Landon Shaw. As unexpected feelings toward Landon begin to develop, Kenley wonders if this is the right time or place for romance to bloom, especially when those feelings start to interfere with her training.
With the weight of the world on her shoulders, Kenley is constantly reminded of how important she and the rest of the Magnus cadets are to the fate of humanity. She is one of the Modified, Earth’s last line of defense against utter destruction.
- 5.0 out of 5 stars - If you like your dystopian with a little sci-fi mixed in,and... "Dystopian young adult novels have been on the rise recently, following the success of the Hunger Games, but finding one that isn't just a poorly-written HG knockoff has been difficult for me. The characters are well-developed, the technology, while fantastical, has definite roots in fact, and the book ends leaving you waiting impatiently for the sequel. Published 6 days ago by Monica Orangebookworm
- 4.0 out of 5 stars - Full of completely magical moments "The plot is perfect, with the right balance of action, romance, researched scientific facts melted with a whole new world and concepts." Published 20 days ago by Ghost
- 5.0 out of 5 stars - A wonderful adventure into an entirely new world! "It's always been hard for me to sink into a futuristic/dystopian style book, but they made it sooo easy. The style is flawless." Published 1 month ago by Adriane
- 5.0 out of 5 stars - Exceeded my Expectations "Even though the romance was a part of why I liked it (because it always is), The Modified had so much more to offer. My favorite thing was the world development. The way this dystopian world was described I was able to completely submerge myself in it. I also thought the unfolding of information and mystery was done perfectly. It kept my attention the whole time and I was never able to completely anticipate what was around the corner!" Published 1 month ago by Tess M. Watson
- 5.0 out of 5 stars - Amazing Dystopian YA Novel!! "This book was absolutely amazing!! The storyline was intriguing, the characters were believable, the romance was steamy and the premise kicked major butt." Published 1 month ago by AuthorTiffany
- 5.0 out of 5 stars - Very unique & intriguing!! "That was amazing!!! The perfect combination of dystopian and sci-fi, with a smoldering romance thrown in. I was intrigued from the very beginning!" Published 1 month ago by J. McPherson